Thursday, 31 August 2017

No Fuss Stitch-a-long

I am doing a stitch-a-long with quite a few talented ladies and thought it would be a good idea to keep a record of my stitcheries on my blog as well as on the official site..
  Seems quite a few of us have been in the same boat with always wanting to do this quilt but alas, life gets in the way (or should I say - other projects)..  I have loved seeing the photo's of fabrics others girls have chosen and seeing some of their started stitcheries.  This is going to be sooooo cool - I can't wait to see how they all look when finished...
I have decided to do mine in the new tilda range (I confess - this is in my stash) and with variegated thread.  I don't usually use bright fabrics but lately have been pushing my boundaries with trying new colour ranges and I definitely am one of those oddballs that don't like using variegated thread.  I find when I use this type of thread, that all I want to do is chop it up into bundles of dark, medium and light colours.  This, of course, defeats the purpose of having a variegated thread..lol  oh well,  lets see how I go..
Here are my fabrics..
On Tuesday I completed the fourth of my stitcheries (no order, just which ever I pick up next)..
Keep up the good work girls - they are all going to look great...
If you want to visit the official site then go here ...http://nofussswappers.blogspot.com.au/
cheers
Sandi

6 comments:

  1. Those fabrics are sew pretty Sandi. Your stitching in the variegated thread is looking great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty fabrics ...great start ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the fabrics you have chosen, Sandi. Cute stitchery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. looking good...I'm yet to start, but I do have my book now, so I suppose that's a start?

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL - I do that with variegated threads too - but mainly with words.
    I'm glad you (all) started the group...but its too easy to be miles ahead

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the brights you have chosen. Methinks I might need some of that bluebird Tilda.

    ReplyDelete